Friday, June 21, 2013

Best Hot Cocoa

I'm absolutely positive that I'm not the first person to think this up. But that fact did not hinder me from tasting this new hot cocoa concoction and falling in love. I don't have a picture, because I drank it too quickly, but here's how it went.

Step 1: Throw a teaspoon or so of cocoa powder (UNSWEETENED) into a mug.
Step 2: Add a few dribbles of honey.
Step 3: Add a splash of milk, stir, and microwave for thirty seconds.
Step 4: Stir, add the rest of the milk, microwave for a minute.
Step 5: Enjoy a really delicious hot chocolate beverage that isn't cloyingly sweet, and isn't bad for you either if you use lowfat or skim milk!

I don't think I will ever use ready mix hot cocoa, not even for the mini marshmallows. This hot cocoa tastes much richer, more deep, earthy chocolate flavor (which is even greater if you use a high quality baker's cocoa) and none of the saccharine additive flavor of store bought mix.
I know it's summer, but summer evenings get nice and cool. My room is air-conditioned. And even if it was two in the afternoon on a ninety degree day and I was going to sit outside, I would probably still enjoy this drink.
Okay, I am enjoying it more in my brisk sixty-five degree room. But I digress.

Chocolatey in Columbus,
Celina.

No comments:

Post a Comment